How many POR kilometres can you complete in 2021?
Are you looking for something to inspire you in 2021;
Fed up by the lack of organised events due to COVID restrictions and the unpredictability of 2021?
- Love getting out and about?
- Is map reading a hobby?
- Always wanted to be a Traceur?
- Like a challenge and a rosette?
- Then the Wessex 2021 POR Challenge is for you!
Even if you can’t get to any organised PORs you can still take part. In fact, even if you don’t ride you could still win a prize!
As well as organised competitions and training events counting you can create your own POR. In fact, this is where the fun begins!
Note: The challenge is not an event run under TREC GB and is therefore not covered by TREC GB public liability insurance. Any routes shared will not have had risk assessments completed and you are riding them at your own risk. We strongly recommend that you have your own insurance.
Create your own POR
You can make this as simple or hard as you like! This is your challenge after all.
You simply need to create a route on a map and set a speed. Then set off to try and follow it!
For those of you that are either experienced Traceurs or fancy giving it a go why not invite friends to try and complete your POR. Maybe set them tickets to find. Alternatively, you can do it on your own. You can set stages with different speeds or just complete them at one speed.
For your route to qualify as a POR you must;
- Set a route that is a minimum of 10km.
- Plot the route beforehand either by hand or electronically then take a picture and share it on the Facebook Members page.
- Set a speed you intend to complete at a minimum of 6kph.
- Give your route a name. (so people can vote for it!)
- Complete the tracker form with the details of how you got on.
Now, this is where the fun begins. We encourage members to share the routes that they have created on our member’s Facebook page so that other members can also try your route. For an added bit of fun, the route voted most popular by the membership will win a prize. So even if you don’t ride you can still design a route!
There is also a prize for the best photograph taken on a POR in 2021. So please share your photos on our member’s page to enter.
I am not on Facebook can I still take part?
Yes of course this is for all members. If you would like to take part and are not on Facebook please email photos from your POR and your routes to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add them for you.
Note: The photo competition is a bit of fun and we are very much looking forward to seeing all the gorgeous countryside you ride through. However, do not use your phone in a competition or you may face elimination. I really would not want that!!
The 3 main awards are as follows
- Bronze 25km
- Silver 50km
- Gold 100km
- Only Wessex members eligible for awards.
- Each route must be unique for km to be counted. You may repeat sections but not the whole route (ie you can not ride the same 10km route 5 times and count it as 50km!)
- The minimum length of the route is 10km
- The minimum set speed is 6kph (you can be slower than this) however this is the target to aim for as in competition
- Routes may be completed ridden or in hand.
- The challenge will run from Monday 29th March and forms must be submitted to email@example.com by Sunday 5th September to be considered for an award.
- Only one award to be issued to members per year. (ie if you complete 150km you will only be awarded a gold award.)
- The award is issued to the member you can complete on multiple horses.
So to get started email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you the form to fill in.